First of all I want to wish you a very happy New Year! I'm very sorry that I haven't posted a lot lately, I was out of the game for about 2 months, I think. It was a very stressful period in those 2 months, with the exams comming up and all the other work that we had for school. So it was definetly a hard period and I didn't really have the time and inspiration to post something. When I post something I want to put effort in it and give you guys a high-quality post and not a post with some nonsense in it. So after a while and now the new year has started I'm back with a new post!
Normally I don't really eat broccoli because I didn't like it how my mother made it. I also thought that broccoli was the problem and that it just wasn't a nice vegetable. But I wanted to prove myself wrong, so I bought some broccoli from the grocery store and prepared it myself in my way. And I actually liked it a lot better than the way my mother prepares broccoli, sorry mom! I will tell you how I made this simple but also delicious meal, just keep on reading! ☺
#1 Prepare to Prepare
You will need:
- 0.5kg Broccoli (ofcourse!)
- Potatoes, as many as you like.
- 6 Slices of bacon
- Olive oil or butter
- 250ml Cream
- Spices: Basil, oregano, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
These quantities are adjusted for two people. You can always add some more or less spices and personalize your dish. Let's jump into the real deal and go over to cooking!
#2 Cook Up & Hook Up
Okay, weird subtitle... But hey, let's get started!
1. Chop the broccoli in florets, also cut the potatoes into pieces
2. Heat a pan with some olive oil or butter
(Most of the time people boil the broccoli before stewing, but that's not necessary)
3. Add the broccoli to the pan and stew it for a few minutes until the broccoli is cooked
4. Then add some cream to the broccoli and flavour it with some spices that I mentioned earlier
5. Put it on a lower heat and heat another pan for the potatoes
6. Flavour and fry the potatoes until they have a golden brown color
7. Put the broccoli and potatoes on a dish and fry the bacon
8. Finally, add the bacon and your dish is ready!
Now all you need to do is light a candle, fix yourself a drink and